It is not easy for people in financial distress to start their lives all over again.
Luckily, Rowena N Nelson, a legal firm based in Largo, is assisting clients based in Maryland and Washington areas to reorganize their finances and get on their feet once again.
This popular attorney firm has also expertise in criminal law. If you feel if you have been unjustly charged, they will provide excellent representation for you.
However, it is important that you must develop your defense with your lawyer for the criminal indictment.
Your attorney has to create a proper defense strategy to strengthen your case.
Remember, in a criminal trial, it is all about the jury finding evidences to decide whether “beyond a reasonable doubt” exists.
Here is a little more explanation on this aspect.
A typical criminal offense must be proven “beyond a reasonable doubt” to stand any chance of prosecution.
In legal lingo, it means the evidence is fully satisfied, all the essentials are proven, and the guilt is established.
By any standards this usually is a tall order for any prosecutor.
As a criminal lawyer aptly put it, “relevance is the basic building block in a criminal case”.
Evidence must be relevant to be truly acceptable in court.
However, criminal cases are not straightforward. Not all relevant evidences are admissible. Evidence that is relevant must not unfairly arouse the jury’s emotions.
Here is an example.
A person is charged with assaulting a businessperson. The prosecution offers as evidence the knife that was purportedly used in the assault and a photograph of a blood-stained shirt. The judge accepts the former but excludes the latter.
According to the judge:
• The size and contour of the knife and the nature of the businessperson’s injuries are sensibly related.
• The blood-stained shirt does not provide any relevance to the incident in question.
It is good to know that most criminal trials in the United States follow an established and uniform set of procedures.
When any criminal trial is carried out to its logical conclusion, the procedures tend to include the following:
• It will be either a judge or jury trial. It is important to note that in some jurisdictions both the prosecution and defense have the privilege to demand a jury trial.
• If the trial is held before a jury, the defense and prosecution has the right to select a jury. This is done through a process called “voir dire”. This is a question and answer session where the prospective jurors are queried about their backgrounds and potential biases.
• Both the defense and prosecution request the court before commencement of trial to accept or exclude certain evidence.
It is interesting to note that even after the prosecution and defense have rested their cases, the juror’s deliberations can get delayed.
In such a scenario, a judge can step in and persuade the juries to reach verdicts, although he or she cannot force them to do so.
Considering the legal complexities, good representation always helps.
It is not surprising to note that most Rowena N Nelson Reviews are unanimous the firm has aggressive and effective criminal defense lawyers with a successful record of accomplishment.